Get a Free Estimate Today
Dog Behavior Problems
When it comes to dog behavior, there is an endless list of things that are considered bad behavior. I know some dog owners think that their dog has them all. Bad dog behavior is usually very easy to correct once we know why the dog is doing it. Our programs allow us to determine the cause and then show you how to fix it. It’s that easy.
One thing to keep in mind is that a dog that has been trained when it is young probably will not develop a lot of the bad behaviors that an older untrained dog may exhibit. However, I do want you to know that contrary to what you may have heard, you can teach an old dog new tricks. The fact is sometimes it is easier to train an older dog than a younger pup.
As I mentioned, the list of behavior issues can go on forever, but here is a list of some of the once common issues that we can help you solve.
- Let’s start with house training; it’s the number one reason dogs end up in shelters
- Jumping up on people when greeting them
- Uncontrolled barking at people or other dogs
- Jumping on counters or table to get food or other items
- Chewing up everything in the house including furniture, the TV remote, and the kid’s toys
- Ignoring you when called, not good and very dangerous for your dog
- Showing aggression to people or other dogs
- Aggression or dominance with family members
- Escaping out the door, over the fence, or under the fence
- Separation anxiety, when you are gone
Of course, as I mentioned, there are many more, so feel free to give us a call so our professional dog trainer can help you solve all your dog’s behavior problems.